This training will enable delegates to explore the use of a number of assessments that can be administered by teachers and teaching assistants both to develop a more precise understanding of a pupil’s language difficulties and to inform the full diagnostic process.
The tests examined will include non-word reading and short-term memory tests. In addition delegates will be shown how to use a test of phonological skills that they can readily use in schools.
This training will build upon the course offered by the Teaching School in February.
This course scored 9.2 out of 10 last year
“Really useful and lots of
|Event Date||28-04-2021 4:30 pm|
|Event End Date||28-04-2021 5:30 pm|
We are offering a range of one hour PD sessions focussed on specific areas of mathematics, which will allow teachers to work on some maths together as part of a wider mathematics community. This will include exploring understanding of concepts and structures and considering how to make best use of the ideas with learners.
Teachers can attend one or multiple sessions: (see list below)
- Games to support understanding of number R/Y1/2 - 3rd March
- Additive fluency through reasoning Y1/2 - 9th March
- Additive fluency through reasoning Y3/4 - 10th March
- Additive fluency through reasoning Y5/6 - 11th March
- Fostering Inquiring Minds Y5/6 - 24th March
- Number Sense Y1/2 - 20th April
- Number Sense Y3/4 - 21st April
- Number Sense Y5/6 - 22nd April
- Fostering Inquiring Minds Y3/4 - 28th April
- Fostering Inquiring Minds Y1/2 - 12th May
- Maths and Art Y5/6 - 13th May
- Multiplicative fluency through reasoning Y3/4 - 19th May
- Multiplicative fluency through reasoning Y5/6 - 20th May
- Visualising shapes KS2 - 8th June
- Procedural variation Y1/2 - 22nd June
- Procedural variation Y3/4 - 23rd June
- Procedural variation Y5/6 - 24th June
|Event Date||24-06-2021 3:45 pm|
|Individual Price||free of charge for Devon maintained schools|
Two Rivers Institute is pleased to be able to offer a full range of NQT Induction and Programme Services to local schools.
The appointment of an Appropriate Body (AB) is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an AB, TRI will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf.
This will include:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Regulation Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
NQT Induction Services
In addition to TRI’s role acting as an Appropriate Body to undertake the verification of NQT induction assessments, TRI is able to support schools by providing access to a full range of services to ensure that all NQTs are successfully inducted into the teaching profession.
This can include but is not limited to:
- Training for NQT mentors in Summer Term of AY1920 to ensure the mentors are fully prepared to support their NQTs in AY2021
- Programme of professional themes seminars aimed specifically at NQTs
- Lesson observations with developmental feedback (written and verbal) against the teaching standards
- Coaching sessions
|Event Date||Multiple Date Event|