Two Rivers Institute
Two Rivers Institute is the new name for Twynham Teaching School. Our drivers are quality, value and a research informed approach to professional practice in schools. Our mission is to facilitate and provide professional learning opportunities for colleagues in both the Twynham Learning family of schools as well as those in the wider educational community spanning Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Dorset and Hampshire.
Voice 21 is the national oracy education charity. They exist to enable teachers and schools to provide a high quality oracy education so that all young people can find their voice for success in school and life.
They achieve this by delivering teacher development and school improvement programmes, promoting the impact of oracy on student outcomes and building a movement for change.
Every year they work with thousands of teachers and hundreds of schools across the UK.
|Event Date||06-05-2021 4:00 pm|
Two Rivers Institute is pleased to be able to offer a full range of NQT Induction and Programme Services to local schools.
The appointment of an Appropriate Body (AB) is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an AB, TRI will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf.
This will include:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Regulation Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
NQT Induction Services
In addition to TRI’s role acting as an Appropriate Body to undertake the verification of NQT induction assessments, TRI is able to support schools by providing access to a full range of services to ensure that all NQTs are successfully inducted into the teaching profession.
This can include but is not limited to:
- Training for NQT mentors in Summer Term of AY1920 to ensure the mentors are fully prepared to support their NQTs in AY2021
- Programme of professional themes seminars aimed specifically at NQTs
- Lesson observations with developmental feedback (written and verbal) against the teaching standards
- Coaching sessions
|Event Date||Multiple Date Event|